Alaska Cruise Packing List
What To Pack For An Alaskan Cruise? Is one of the first questions that people ask after booking an Alaska small ship cruise. As you move forward with creating a packing list, it will be vastly different than throwing a pair of shorts, flip flops and a t-shirt in your luggage for a Caribbean cruise. As the Alaska Cruise Season goes from May, June, July, August and September, the temperature fluctuates quite a bit during that period, what you pack will have to be variant as well.
We have put together this Ultimate Guide as your Alaska Cruise Packing List. Download Cruise Packing List PDF.
Clothing and Personal Gear
Keep in mind that you are on a boat where weather conditions are variable thereby making layers a must. Make the most of your adventure on the M. V. Sikumi by being equipped with the appropriate clothing and gear. The following list will help you prepare for your stay with us:
Alaska Cruise Photography & Video Packing List
- Digital Camera / Video Camera
- Zoom Lens
- Wide Angle Lens
- Tripod with quick release
- Multiple Memory Cards (32GB + to start) / Video Tapes
- Extra Batteries & charger (You can plug your charger in on the MV Sikumi).
- Camera Bag with rain fly (Lowepro Makes a (AW) All Weather camera bag with rain fly)
- Camera / Video Strap
View our Alaska Cruise Photos
Alaska Cruise Accessories Packing List
- Reading Material
- Journal and pen /pencil
- Watch (nice to have watch with alarm clock & backlight)
- Small flashlight or headlamp is even bettter.
- Ear plugs
- First Aid Kit
- Bug Spray
- Empty bag for souvenirs
- Hat / Visors
What to pack for your adventure on the M. V. Sikumi:
The packing list above is a good guideline, some previous guests have commented that they had to bring to much luggage. Please remember you will need just enough indoor & outdoor clothes for 7 days on the boat. Days can be sunny, cold, hot, rainy and everything in between.
- Passports & Personal Identification – If you are traveling to Alaska from outside the US, you will need your passport for the flight to Alaska.
- Make copies of your passport and credit card information in case it gets stolen
- Layers are very important in Alaska. Pack multiple layers of shirts, sweaters and fleece rather than one heavy coat.
- Long and short sleeved shirts
- Sweat pants or other comfortable pants
- Shorts (optional)
- Bathing suit for a hot springs visit
- Warm socks (5-6 pair)
- Warm jacket (polypro or thinsulate)
- Lightweight gloves or mittens (quick drying)
- Long underwear
- Long pants
- A hat to keep you warm and another to protect you from the summer sun.
- Great rain gear including pants and jacket.
- Sturdy shoes for beach combing and short hikes. (We do provide Rubber boots in a variety of sizes and most guests use them for hikes and off-boat excursions)
- Personal toiletries (shampoo, toothbrush and toothpaste etc…)
- Sun block and lip balm
- Personal medications (please make sure that you have enough for the duration of the entire trip)
Equipment and other miscellaneous items:
- Soft day pack
- Spare batteries
- Digital camera with extra batteries, battery charger and ton’s of extra memory cards.
- Digital photos can be burned to Sikumi CD & DVD’s free of charge.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions, special needs or concerns. You can reach us at (970) 217-6359
Look forward to having you onboard