Cruise Packing List:
Anatomy of a Perfectly Optimized Suitcase
Here lies the problem in packing for a cruise:
You want to pack the basics of what you NEED for a cruise so you will be comfortable on your vacation; so you pack for every possible scenario. This ultimately leads to over packing.
What you need is a plan. A simple blueprint to help you pack for your cruise to keep from over packing.
To walk you through this we have put together 8 tips to optimize your cruise packing list today.
Ultimately, we’re giving you The Anatomy of a Perfectly Optimized Suitcase.
Cruise Packing List: Chapters
If you are planning for your first-time cruise or you cruise so much you think you should steer the ship, these resources will help get your cruise off on the right foot.
Planning a cruise with a little research will not only help you to be stress free prior to your cruise, but also show you how to be laser specific when packing.
Check out these 9 tips for how to plan a cruise:
- 7 things the cruise Lines won’t tell you
- The ultimate planner for first time cruisers
- 7 Tips for planning a budget-friendly family cruise
- Things to do before a cruise
- How to plan a cruise vacation
- Best cruise ships for 2015
- Cruise Ship Port Reviews – Where to cruise
- Best Quality Cruise Shore Excursions (by Cruise Ship)
Now that you have an itinerary of what you are doing on your cruise and what the climate will be like, now is the time to really have some fun.
Choosing which electronics to bring on a cruise is one of the most popular topics when packing for a cruise. This is where we can use technology to really help us save some space in our luggage!
Electronics can make your cruising experience amazing, here are 8 tips how:
- The Best travel apps for cruisers
- Tablet or E-reader: 12 tips to help you choose
- Best way to read ebooks
- Cruising “Smart” with your smartphone or tablet
- Tips for taking amazing photos on a cruise
- 16 cool cruise gadgets
Before we could even start getting into what to pack for a cruise, we mentioned planning for a cruise and the best electronics for a cruise.
Those chapters sets the stage for what we should pack by allowing us to know more about our cruise ship, climate, excursions, port activities and what devices will allow us to have a better cruising experience.
By gathering that much needed information, it will help us form The Perfectly Optimized Suitcase.
Let’s take all the information that we gathered to find out what to pack for a cruise using these 7 great resources:
- 9 money saving items to pack on your next cruise
- How to pack your cruise carry-on
- Cruising in just one carry-on bag
- 10 Essential Items for your next cruise
- How to pack your luggage with Formal Wear
- Well Packed Shore Excursion Bag for Cruisers
- Cruise security screening and prohibited items
Hang on one second! Packing for an Alaska cruise is quite a bit different than packing for a Caribbean cruise.
Alaska is one of the last adventurous raw locations on earth. With its ever-changing climate, breathtaking views and wildlife, you are sure to have an unforgettable experience. But before you book your Alaska small ship cruise, check out these Alaska travel tips.
As the average temperatures ranges from 48 degrees to 67 degrees May through September. Alaska is the cruising destination that will have you kneeling on your suitcase in order to close it. Read more on the best time to go on a cruise in Alaska.
If you are traveling to Alaska from outside the United States, here are the Visa and Passport requirements to read before you go.
To help you achieve a perfectly optimized suitcase, check out these 9 Alaska Cruise Packing topics:
- Best Alaska Cruise Packing List
- Alaska Cruise Starter Guide
- Weather & Climate in Alaska
- Cruising Alaska general overview
- Packing for an Alaskan cruise
- 10 must pack items for Alaska cruise
- 10 Tips for what to pack for Alaska
- Packing for an Alaskan cruise is easy
- Photographing Alaska – Gear To Bring
There are few places on earth that are as pristine as the Caribbean. The turquoise water, warm weather and local cultures make going on a Caribbean Cruise a must for every family type. As you can travel to the Caribbean year round, here is a great article on the best time to travel to the Caribbean.
No matter what time of year you decide to go on a cruise through the Caribbean, this is the ultimate trip where you can PACK ULTRALIGHT!
Ok, maybe your suitcase won’t be this small, but you get the idea 🙂
But before you start packing for your trip, take a look at this Caribbean Travel Guide to give you insight as to what to expect when you travel.
If by the off chance you are overzealous and have reached this page because you want to know what to pack but haven’t selected a cruise ship yet, here are 20 Best Caribbean Cruises. I know you want to know what to pack for a cruise, but don’t forget to book a cruise too 🙂
With all that said, here are 7 tips on how to pack for a Caribbean cruise.
- 10 Tips for Cruising the Caribbean and having a blast!
- 15 Tips To Cruise Like A Pro
- Caribbean Passport, Visa and ID Requirements
- Caribbean cruise wear essentials
- Printable Caribbean Cruise Packing List
- What NOT to pack for the Caribbean
- How to pack lighter for a cruise
Don’t get stressed out with everything that you have to plan and pack for your cruise.
This cruise packing list for women is designed to keep you from agonizing over every little piece so that you can get the most out of everything you pack.
Check out our cruise packing list for women.
- Cruise packing list for women
- Women’s wardrobe for cruise
- Women’s cruise packing worksheet
- Formal nights on cruise ships
Men have it easy when packing for a cruise!
Because quite a bit of your outfits, yep I said “outfits”, in a man’s suitcase are incredibly versatile and suitable for just about every activity. Think about it, one pair of khakis shorts can be worn on excursions as well as for semi-formal nights.
This will help to remove the “Do I have everything” feeling before you leave.
Get the cruise packing list for men here.
- What to pack for the formal night on a cruise
- 27 Photos showing what to pack
- Mocha Man style, cruise packing items
Putting together a cruise packing list for kids can be very tough.
You don’t need to worry. We’ve taken the stress out of trying to decide what to pack for your kids in our cruise packing list. The following packing list is for every age range that your kids may be in, whether they are a infant, toddler, preschooler, middle schooler or teenager.
Obviously you can’t pack everything you need / want, so be sure to Google: “Your Cruise Ship” + rental, to find a list of what’s available to make your cruising experience better.
Maybe you are going on a cruise with your teenage friends, here is a teenage packing list you can email them to bring.
Before checking out this section, you should check out our cruise packing list chapter on best electronics for cruises. In that guide we go over the incredible benefits of tablets and other electronics that make cruising with kids more pleasurable
Cruise Packing List For Kids:
- General Kids Cruise packing list
- How to travel with kids
- Cruising with an Infant – what to pack
- Top 10 cruises for kids
- Packing outline for cruising with toddler